Located in Nashville, TN, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church is a parish of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese in the U.S. under the Patriarchate of Constantinople. It is attended by Orthodox Christians of every ethnic background.
Holy Trinity was established in 1917 and was located for most of its history on Sixth Avenue, South. The parish moved to the present property in 1985. The church building was erected in 1991.
Designed in the traditional Byzantine architectural style, the church is modeled on the Church of Sozon in Pireaus, Greece. The interior decoration of the church, of which the first phase is complete, is typical of Orthodox design. The iconography in the altar area at the church’s east end defines the holy space. Decoration of the church, as is customary in Orthodoxy, is a project extending over many years. In the future, iconography will be added throughout the church building.
To find out more about Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, visit the church’s website at holytrinitynashville.org.